NOTE: All weekend work has been canceled due to the pending snow storm. Long term projects/ closures listed below remain.
Customers may visit our website at www.mta.info and check out The Weekender, accessible by clicking The Weekender tab located within the Service Status Menu. The Weekender makes it easy for riders to visualize exactly how weekend work will affect subway service.
The updated Weekender for Mobile App, which now includes MTA Subway Time data, is available for iPhone in the Apple app store, and in Google Play for Android devices. This free app shares features with the desktop version, including a subway diagram that displays the service provided each weekend and all service changes. Users can pinch or expand the map to multiple zoom levels, and tap to choose one of three ways to view service diversions: Service by Line, Service by Borough and Service by Station.
Customers can also download the apps at mta.info/apps/weekenderApp.html. TripPlanner+ provides travel information that takes weekend service diversions into account. In addition, customers can receive customized subway diversion e-mails by signing up for the E-mail Subscription Program at mta.info/nyct.
These weekend changes are necessary because of capital construction work on the MTA New York City Transit subway system. This work is part of NYC Transit’s ongoing Capital Rebuilding Program aimed at upgrading and maintaining our tracks, stations and signal systems in order to continue to provide our customers with safe and reliable service. For more information on the 2015-2019 Capital Program log on to mta.info/capital. Customers who rely on these lines should allow for additional travel time.
At all times until winter 2016, trains skip Rockaway Av and Van Siclen Av in both directions. Use free shuttle buses instead.
- For service to/from Rockaway Av, use shuttle buses to/from the Saratoga Av station. B60 customers can transfer to/from shuttle buses at Rockaway Av.
- For service to/from Van Siclen Av, use shuttle buses to/from the Pennsylvania Av station.
- Free transfer is available with MetroCard.
At all times until winter 2016, trains skip Rockaway Av and Van Siclen Av in both directions.
At all times until spring 2016, Brooklyn-bound trains skip 111 St and 80 St.
- For service to 111 St, take the train to 104 St and transfer to a Lefferts Blvd-bound train or take the Q112 bus days and evenings. For service from this station, take the train to Lefferts Blvd and transfer to a Brooklyn-bound train.
- For service to 80 St, take the train to Grant Av and transfer to an Ozone Park/Far Rockaway-bound train. For service from this station, take the train to 88 St and transfer to a Brooklyn-bound train.
At all times until February 2016, trains skip Atlantic Av in both directions. For service to/from this station, use free shuttle buses to/from the Broadway Junction station.
At all times until spring 2017, Astoria-Ditmars Blvd bound trains skip 86 St, Avenue U, Kings Hwy, 20 Av, 18 Av, New Utrecht Av, and Fort Hamilton Pkwy. Trains stop at Bay Pkwy and 8 Av.
- To 86 St, Avenue U, and Kings Hwy, take an Astoria-bound train to Bay Pkwy and transfer to a Coney Island-bound train.
- To 20 Av, 18 Av, New Utrecht Av, and Fort Hamilton Pkwy, take an Astoria-bound train to 8 Av and transfer to a Coney Island-bound train.
- From these stations, take a Coney Island-bound train to Bay Pkwy or Stillwell Av and transfer to an Astoria-bound train.
- For New Utrecht Av-62 St, take the D. Transfer to an Astoria-bound N train at 36 St.
Post a Comment