|Recovery effort for suspected Chinese spy balloon that was shot down. Photo by Petty Officer 1st Class Tyler Thompson/US Navy|
ON MY WATCH
By MANUEL L. CABALLERO
POSSIBLE REASON OR REASONS WHY CHINA HAS BEEN FLYING SPY BALLOONS
OF LATE OVER US TERRITORY
Our opinions are based on recent empirical events.
1. To distract US attention from Russia-Ukraine War while Russia, China's ally, conducts an offensive against Ukraine.
2. To test America's patience. (China must have realized by now after US took down 4 balloons).
3. To let US know that China is against its planned use of certain military bases in the Philippines.
4. To get back against the US military flights (but over international air space) ,by the South China Sea, which, China falsely claims to be theirs.
5. Of course, to spy and surveil on US military installations from the air.
During the past week, US military jets have shot down 4 balloons over American and Canadian territories. One was owned and admitted by China to be theirs ,which, were supposedly blown "off course" due to weather. Even my dog Shea will laugh at that Chinese line of reasoning. Sounds like their irresponsible claims of ownership of PH territories in the West PH Sea.
Yesterday, China branded the US actions as being "trigger- happy". We feel the US did the right thing in shooting down those spy balloons ,which, could be gathering important military information for use by the US adversary.
These recent events are huge embarrassments to China, which, in recent years had been projecting to the world that they could do what they wanted to do, like what they did in the South China Sea, and get away with it.
US President Joe Biden deserves praise from the American people and the rest of the freedom loving peoples around the globe for his courage in defending his nation's territorial integrity and sovereignty.
The spy balloon incident is a wake- up call to American legislators to be more watchful of China and that adequate budget must be passed to counter check America's adversary. As Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas said, “The entire civilized world should recognize that communist China is probably the greatest threat we’ve ever faced, more severe than Soviet Russia was because of its economic integration into the West. We should take every step we can to try to reduce our dependency on China [and] try to build stronger military deterrence against them."
Post a Comment